Friday, July 28, 2006

My Contribution to the Gene Pool

"I hope our kids are as smart as me when I was little and not like you, trying to dig to China with a stick and thinking 'an' and 'and' are the same word.

But I do hope they have your eyelashes."

--The Official Wife of The Brink, excerpted from a conversation about her early childhood development and briefly touching on mine. I must, however, point out that in adulthood both my digging and
spelling have far surpassed hers so I think that I have plenty to offer our future spawn besides the obvious dazzling handsomeness.


filed: quotes; humor

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh brother.

However, you do have nice eyelashes!

Your mother

Anonymous said...

This is funny. I think this would fit in nicely with Bill Cosby's new show: "Women Say the Darndest Things"

Anonymous said...

Knowing both of you I couldn't figure out who was doing the digging and who has the nice eyelashes. But now I see that 'mom' has defined the eyelashes part.

Huevo said...

BTW, I must point out that I was digging with a hammer, not a stick, and that I was actually carving out a multi-story base/fort/clubhouse, not trying to get to China. And it was muddy so the hammer was actually working. For the record.