Tuesday, August 09, 2005

An American in Japan

I found an interesting blog written by an American guy living in Japan. It's kind of a chronicle of his life there, and features, as he says, "fantastic and unremarkable stories from afar". It makes for surprisingly engrossing reading, featuring as it does so many normal, mundane, slice-of-life stories and observations. I don't know how much we have in common--for instance, he is a semi-militant vegan, while I only eat meat as much as possible--but it's cool to see another perspective, and also an American-eye view of Japan. I've often thought that you can't really see a country unless you leave the tourist spots and live with the people somehow, and that's exactly what he's doing. Note: Don't visit if you're offended by the occasional profanity.


Japanatter: Ramblings from my life in Japan


filed: etcetera

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might also be interested in my friend's blog who's in Afganistan. It's http://scottkice.blogspot.com/ and is eye opening to how it really is there.